We invite all CARFAC BC members in good standing to participate in our inaugural postcard fundraising event, Wish You Were Here taking place on Friday June 22 at Woodward’s Atrium, 111 West Hastings Street, Vancouver from 10 AM - 6 PM.
All work by members will be exhibited and priced at $50 each. The cut is 50/50 between artist and organization. There are no extra fees past the necessary self addressed stamped envelope (SASE). If you would like to renew or become a new member to be eligible to show, please go to: http://www.carfacbc.org/join.
- Send in up to 5 original images for sale on a 5" x 7" (12.5 x 17.7 cm) surface (ie; canvas board, paper or panel) using any media. The image itself may be smaller, as long as the outward dimension is 5" x 7".
- Remember that every art piece will be priced at $50 so create accordingly!
- Print on the back of the artwork where the address on a postcard is traditionally placed:
- your name
- the title of the piece
- the materials used d. the date of completion e. contact info for the buyer (ie; mailing address, phone number, website) f. you may also provide a P.S. (personal statement) for the new owner.
- Mail or hand-deliver your unframed and unmatted pieces in a sturdy envelope with a SASE by June 8, 2012 to: CARFAC BC Wish You Were Here Fundraiser, Suite 100, 938 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1N9
- Please also fill out the on-line form at our website: www.carfacbc.org and email to: email@example.com
- If you would like your work to be posted in the Wish You Were Here preview page as part of our promotional packaging, please also include a 72 dpi jpeg of each image in the email. If you need us to scan and post your images, please indicate in the email that we have your permission. Unfortunately, we cannot afford to pay copyright fees for on-line use, so denying permission is well within your rights.
Cheques and any unsold work will be mailed out in the SASE provided by the artists within 30 days of the sale. Any unsold work that is not accompanied by a SASE and is not picked up by December 15, 2012 will become the property of CARFAC BC.
We will be sending participating artists jpeg invitations which we hope you can forward to your contact list.
We wish to see many of you at the show too!